Celebrate Courage and Collaboration on #GivingTuesday
#GivingTuesday, November 30, is an international day of giving and a global movement to build a more just and equitable world through generosity. We believe courage and collaboration are as important as generosity in the long-term fight for justice. That’s why we’re dedicating #GivingTuesday 2021 to a celebration of nine courageous clients and seven outstanding partners.
On #GivingTuesday, we will honor:
- Six clients and two partners who successfully fought the early termination of federal pandemic unemployment benefits – a victory that benefited approximately 200,000 Marylanders. Read the recognition of Dominique Andrews, S.B., Kevin Baxter, Jennifer Graham, Daniel Mason, Alonzo Mitchell, Gallagher Evelius & Jones LLP, and UNITE HERE! Local 7.
- One partner who co-counseled a case alleging wage theft and discrimination against large businesses and won a settlement of just over $1 million for about 250 workers. Read the recognition of Murphy Anderson PLLC.
- Three clients and three partners who advocated for housing justice during the COVID-19 pandemic on multiple fronts – from fighting their own landlords’ eviction actions to successfully pushing for a right to counsel in eviction cases in Baltimore City, Maryland, and other cities and states around the country. Read the recognition of Mia Ballou and Monique Dillard, Shalonda Glascoe, Dr. Tim Thomas, Greater Baltimore Democratic Socialists of America, and Stout Risius Ross.
- One partner who pushed for legislative action to improve maternal health and expand access to doula care. Read the recognition of MOMCares and Executive Director Ana Rodney.
On #GivingTuesday, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, and join the celebration by:
- Sharing our #GivingTuesday posts with your connections on social media or by email.
- Commenting on our posts with congratulations.
- Contributing to the PJC in honor of the clients and partners we are celebrating on #GivingTuesday (and asking others to join you in contributing).